Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another night of a thousand footsteps


The Metro closes well before 2am. Last call is at 2:45am. The incongruousness is evident. Anytime I even half-heartedly attempt night time debauchery, I end up taking a thousand steps... home. Last night was no different.

So one girl invites me to sleep on her couch. I suppose I probably wouldn't mind sleeping on her. But, she was going to take a taxi home. Before I take a taxi to hers, wouldn't I just take one to my BED as opposed to her couch? Yeah, and after footstep number 1, there are only 999 left. That decision was easy.

Monday evenings is Arts & Crafts night at the Cock and Bull. And across the street somewhere is karaoke night, every night. I wound up doing both. Made a Quebecois flag, with two marijuana leaves and two fleur de lys.

Speaking of fleur de lys... I can imagine THAT being my first tattoo.

The weather is making me feel menopausal. One day I'm mowing grass and watching my breath in the air, the next I feel over dressed in... anything. The day after is supposed to be a combination of overcast rainy-ness and bullshit!

So my boss' woman-friend/pseudo wife IS smoking back-to-back whilst nourishing a bun in the oven. And she's already got a disabled child. If ever there were a more apparent case for the woman's right to choose movement, I'd be impressed. At least Philip Morris is guaranteed another generation of customers (if anyone still has any worries about the state of our prospective economy here in North America).

Shows! Right, so marijuana is pervasive. About half of the shows I've been to here in Montreal in May have involved the herb. In fact, I walked down Ste. Catherine which is THE strip for tourists and downtowners alike and caught a lung full of the natural mystic. Right out in the open.

At the Piknic Electronik, the folks were out puffing their brains free. In fact, Ms. Yoga teacher and I asked the event security for a light. He smiled and we had his lighter in our hands BEFORE we even finished asking.

Tired of reading about ME yet? I'm tired of writing about me. I sure am.

No comments: