Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blow me gently


This is a burger joint in the East Village. It says "That rare well-done burger restaurant." Clever.

I have a huge crush. On Sarah. Sarah Silverman. I can't believe what I just saw. She's so hot! Who knew?

Damn, there must have been 10 free movie screenings in the city yesterday. I decided to go the low key route and saw Freshmen Orientation. Supposedly, this film was shot in 2003. It's a bad movie. So, I supplemented this atrocity by doubling up and seeing another flick. I saw Somebody to eat cheese with. I must say, not much better. But Sarah Silverman was in it. I saw a side of her I didn't know she has. She's so coy, intoxicating, fun, and hot! Wow.

Insulin!

My mother orders this magazine, the Saturday Gazette or some shit. Here it is, the Saturday Evening Post. It's chock full of the type of shit I studied when I went to graduate school. Science writing. So I get engrossed in this one article on the discovery of insulin. Expertly written. If anyone cares who authored the piece, feel free to shoot me an email. Anyway, this one precocious Canadian dude, Collip, purified the stuff (insulin). I've trudged up and down the Internet, even going so far as to asking a question on Yahoo! Answers, to find out how Collip purified the insulin. Nowhere! I just can't find it. If anyone out there knows, or can help me find out, email!!! Oops. Allow me to specify. Email me!!!

Ok. Last thing. No mention of Myanmar would be complete without mentioning Aung San Suu Kyi. She's under house arrest for being to the Burmese oppressed what Nelson Mandela was to Blacks under apartheid. She's also a Nobel Prize winner, which is probably why she's still alive. So there, mentioned!

"Every boy and girl, woman to man/
when you feel you've done about the best you can/
motherfuck the wagon, come join the band/
vibrate, vibrate higher!
"
Andre 3000 on Vibrate

Today I'm feeling:

Scratched up

No comments: