Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Alcohol and life


View from the roof of loft party, Bushwick, Brooklyn

That's the entrance to the loft across the street I ended up crashing after the police thinned out the first party. Turns out, the second one was corny and the small entourage of lesbians I found myself with were scavenging alcohol in the kitchen. Yucksters.

But what made the night really chill was the dude I'm supposed to be moving to Peru with. He's certainly going in November, but said I could join him afterwards and doesn't mind if I don't come down right away. Then he started busting dance moves on the dance floor. Riotous! We're going to give Peru hell.

Just reliving my one glorious night of like the whole summer. Then it gets cold as fuck. The type of cold where if you stub your toe, you fear the doctors might want to amputate.

And here's what sucks during the fall and winter months: waking up early on a Sunday. Why? Well, the only thing of interest to do all day long is watch the NFL! I wake up at 7am and am stuck for hours finding shit to do (which usually entails cleaning). I guess it's a blessing to have the time and motivation to tidy, but I'd much prefer to wake up at 12:30pm, 30 minutes before the kick-off of the 1pm games. Know what I means?

Oooooh, and I goooooooofed! I won't say how, but I goofed something TERRIBLE. Or should I say terr-i-ble! That's how my tutee says her Monday class schedule is. One emphasized syllable for every 3 hour class. It's all about timing.

"Master say being born colored was the worst disease/
and we the worst of breeds, worst than fleas/
'cause as long as I work for he, I work for free/
he beat me like a dick in jail and curse at me
"
Sean J of the Field Mob on Nothing 2 lose

Today I'm feeling:

sympathetic

As in my sympathetic system is firing away!

No comments: