Saturday, July 21, 2007

Monk-er fucker


a couple Jews playing catch at Union Square

Wow, so much going on in the world to grapple with. There's the fall out from the Ahmedinejad speech, the Women's FIFA World Cup, Bush's pledge to double AIDS dollars in Africa and unrest in Myanmar....

I think I'll run with Myanmar. They're [Myanmar Junta folk] shooting monks now! Apparently, Myanmar is probably the world's most secretive government and oppressive state. Yes, I'd even dare say more so than N. Korea. You see N. Korea whopping ass at the World Cup. Burma isn't anywhere. It's a whole mishmash of ethnic minorities and impoverished that make up the persecuted in Myanmar which is in a hotbed of instability, Southeast Asia.

As I told my buddy Jenny, via IM this morning:

"well, for days, monks in Rangon have took to the streets to protest the decades old military junta...

"today, they shot at the monks, killing 2

"that will mobilize the people

"Bush even mentioned Myanmar's human rights situation to the U.N. yesterday

"the shit has hit the fan."

And that, it truly has.

Keep a close watch folks, this WILL get interesting.

"...chill Big, lay in the cut/
for what?/
I refuse to sit in the backseat and get handled/
like I do nothing all day, sit around and watch the cartoon channel...
"
Big Boi on War

Today I'm feeling:

large

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

I've also been captivated by the situation in Myanmar. The images of those monks out in full force is very inspiring. Who would've thought that monks would lead the charge to end tyranny. Very gangsta of them...