Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pre tend


light towers commemorating 9/11


Thinking back, I'm a bit obtuse, aren't I?

You know what's annoyingly insensitive? Getting flaked on. Got flaked on twice over the weekend. Was supposed to go hiking and I knew I was going to get played, and things played out accordingly. Then, Sunday morning touch football gets canceled this week. Disappointment abounds. But it's cool. I poured beers for the Thomas Hooker booth at the NY Brewfest on Friday and the two different beers they had were a Blonde Ale and their Oktoberfest Lager. Nothing like shouting "Blonde Hooker!" or "German Hooker!" to a bunch of punch drunk beer heads. And, as the Hooker beer had to be the best at the fest, when I ran out of beer, I was allowed to drink beer from the other booths. Sweet intoxication wasn't too far behind.

Then the house party, byob style, was in full swing when I arrived straight from the brewfest. I haven't imbibed so much fucking alcohol in what seemed like months (though it's probably closer to a couple weeks). It got crazy when everyone hit the dance floor to hits from Wu Tang, Old Dirty Bastard and DMX. Yup, that's right, 1990's rap hits. It was so fucking insanely awesome. Until the police raided the place. They gave summonses to everyone on the roof (I had left the roof only minutes before the police showed) and anyone outside with a beer in their hand. I avoided the po-po completely, laughing my ass off to the lesbians getting down on the dance floor.

Best night I've had in a very, very long time. Not enough to compensate for the hangover hike I didn't get to go on or the Sunday morning touch football game, but I'll remember it until I find my next house party in a Brooklyn loft, byob style.

"I'm feeling high and I'm drifting/
mind on my business, nine in my britches/
I ride with ambition, push-up a hundred times for the ones dying senseless...
"
Steele of Smiff N Wesson on Get back

Today I'm feeling:

cooperative

No comments: