Monday, July 2, 2007

Is it 7:30 yet?



Because I'm going crazy!

McDonald's. I can understand Apple advertising on VH1 and MTV. I can understand McDonald's advertising everywhere and on everything in the U.S.; the world even. What I can't grasp is why they'd feel the urge to advertise to the New York metro area that it's a test market for their new angus beef based hamburger. Not having looked at any empirical evidence to prove or disprove my thinking here, I must say the shit don't make sense. It just don't. I'd assume that New York City has got a higher per capita ratio of vegetarians than most other big cities here in the U.S. It's like every third person I meet (pardon the pun) is a fucking hard line vegetable consumer. Besides that, are New Yorkers big connoisseurs of beef? Like do we appreciate the difference between run of the mill beef and the angus kind? Chill homie. What really gets me curious is the fact that they run ads telling us that we're a test market. How does that make us want to buy the burger any more than just saying it's a superior burger? Is it a clever little ploy to introduce humor, and only a clever little ploy to introduce humor?

I'm in the process of finalizing some hiking plans for next weekend, but it seems my "company" is only tagging along to appease me. So this morning when I sent her the link to a website that rates and describes some great local hikes, I put it out there. It seemed utterly appropriate to ask someone, point blank, 'hey, you're not just going hiking to appease me?' Eh. If the person is just a nice person, of course she's going to say 'no' and feel awkward the whole trip. Last time we went hiking and to Pacem in Terris I started to play a Common tune on the old iPod and she asked 'who is this?' I told her who it was and said it's rap and she laughed hysterically. Which I thought was cool. She was having a laugh at my expense. People don't usually have the courage to do that in your face.

I'm putting a hurting on my body! I've pushed up until my arms won't stop trembling. Gotta start the crunches now.

So what's the deal with Dead Sea salt? I asked my mom to pick me up a sack when she goes to Israel in a couple months, but I can see myself getting the same results using Morton's sea salt to exfoliate, etc.

Speaking of foliate... hmmm, when does the foliage start to turn? That could make for an excellent hike.

Too much fucking writing.

"White Americans, what? nothing better to do?/
why don't you kick yourselves out, you're an immigrant too
"
The White Stripes on Icky Thump

Today I'm feeling:

Not the dog or his/her owner... more like the fucking leash

"...it's kind of like getting caught in a bear trap and having to gnaw off your own leg to escape. And what I did, essentially, was chew off my motherfucking leg."
Sean Luxembourg, September 2007

No comments: