Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Salience


Michele Brody, artist laureate and MFA

Wham! I didn't expect it, but my Sunday turned into splendid fun. I paid another visit to Michele Brody's coffee cart so as to introduce Su, my tutee, to her. I had this clever idea that Michele could benefit from having a foreigner enjoy tea with her, while Su benefited by getting her English conversation on. Alas, it didn't happen that way. Michele was quite petered out by the tie we'd reached and what was supposed to be this great idea on my behalf turned into a fun stroll through DUMBO for Su and I. I bought a sweatshirt at a sample sale for $1. I'll probably throw it into one of those receptacles for used clothing for the less fortunate. We perused a bookstore and listened to some live blues too. We also got a couple of nice photos. Uneventful, but addictive fun!

"...and I'm singing oh oh on a Friday night/
and I hope everything's gonna be alright...
"
Kate Nash on Mouthwash

Today I'm feeling:

at ease

No comments: