Sunday, April 29, 2007

The lone parentheses


Me outside the Cloisters, Fort Tryon Park, NYC

I got flaked on for my Cloisters trip yesterday but being the NYC tourist I just so happen to be, I went anyway; all by my lonesome (as I usually do). I did know that I was going to be flaked on from a couple days ago. And, to tell the honest truth, I'm used to it. I've been stood up more times than a tripod over the past couple years. It's common place.

But, as you can see... I did get to experiment with some creative photography. That's me! Whaddya think? Like the water bottle in the foreground (absolutely done on purpose to play with depth perception)? Should I have tried it in black and white or sepia? I was thinking the overcast and glare filled sky would prove stark enough so that I wouldn't have to try other effects. Just thinking out loud here.

I took motherfucking lemons and made lemon-motherfucking-ade.

Fire at will! Who's Will?

Today I'm feeling:

the urge to rock out on a basketball court

No seriously, even if ballers don't show I could still work on some things. Go yonder... or comment.

3 comments:

KingJamesForPresident said...

don't be mad that the fat plumber beat you out.

Sean said...

I know better than to compete with him. I didn't get beat out. Just like I never steal second. I ride the pine then pinch hit doubles. Real quiet like.

Sean said...

Thanks Leila! I just got a piercing today and found out that I can't have any alcohol for at least the next week to aid in its healing. I think this is more trouble than it's worth.