Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The "Cohiba" of blogs



I goofed and didn't take my camera with me today although it was a most splendid day for picture taking. So, I "borrowed" one that comes to me all the way from the Flint Hills along the I-70 in the Midwest. It's sundown. It's breath taking. It's public.

Allow me to spare you a bunch of grandiloquent jibber jabber and get straight to the heart of the matter. I felt a cornucopia of things to say to you all earlier on in the day. Seriously, it was one of those rare moments when I felt I had a lot to say. Generally speaking, I was very happy. The weather is perfect. No, it's good enough to repeat. The weather is perfect. I was so happy that when they offered me a switch to full time I just took it. But there belongs no sad emoticon here. Today almost all of my students said "thank you teacher." And for that I suppose I could live with doing an additional 15 hours (more than tripling my current workload/hours).

But the real reason I'm so happy today? I was dreaming again. I had visions of road trips dancing in my head. I had thoughts of foreign lands and jet lag and altitude sickness and malaria and serious quantities of European libation (think Guinness, and raspberry flavored brews served in a champagne glass). I was bothered not by the thought of working more years at longer hours for minimal pay. I thought art projects and more splendid NYC days and museum excursions and hiking trips and 2 hour diddies to get Philly cheesesteaks or 1 hour numbers to get Dairy Queen Moolattes. Anyone care to rendezvous in Stamford over the weekend, shoot me an email!

Today I'm feeling:

as if happiness is too good to be true

And still at heart, I'm heartbroken. But I'll be even more so if I don't see any comments.

*Not affiliated with the Cohiba cigar manufacturing companies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you man, but no matter how saddened I may feel sometimes, great weather ALWAYS puts me in a good mood. To comment on your previous post...GOD OF WAR 2, DID YOU SEE THE COMMERCIAL...OMG!!! I can't burn it like I usually do since its a dual layer disc (and I dont have a dual layer burner) so I been downloading it from mininova.org (to get the compressed version). Slowly but surely it is coming to me (at about 50% and I started since friday) and hopefully will get to me by friday to make for an enjoyable weekend. Enjoy your day professor...

Sean said...

Dude, you should really get outside more. Just my observation. Not that I wouldn't mind playing GOW 2, but I wouldn't be sucha maniac as to admit to spending a week downloading it. No offense dawg!

Unknown said...

hi professor, I believe you have the wrong observation, just because it takes a week to download doesn't mean I sit by the computer for a week...in fact I dont watch it at all, I only look at it to check the progress, so I didn't really understand your "get outside" comment...

Sean said...

No offense meant by it. None at all.