Monday, March 26, 2007

Weakened since the weekend


As seen from the J train in Brooklyn at 6am

Coming to a close...

Just took this picture just for the sake of taking a picture and loved the way it came out. The weather is great, the Guggenheim was great, I'm highly anticipating the Met and the American Museum of Natural History (though the money to pay the admission is something I'd rather not part with) and I've come to the realization that many native New Yorkers don't do these things. Just the random thoughts in my mind. It took me 27 years of living in this city to finally appreciate the ability to just get up and go check these things out... when I know people who've come here from places like Korea, in part, to invest some time in MoMA and the Brooklyn Museum. Though I'm not making up for lost time, it feels good to invest some time in these endeavors.

I picked up a book on drawing at Strand earlier and am ready to dig into it.

The highlight of my week? How do you choose between sitting in an Upper East Side café with three great new friends, viewing some amazing Salvador Dalí works, eating crépes at 5am with fellow hungry, drunken club goers most of which were out of towners, and perusing Union Square with my Korean tutee? Maybe it was the smiles I got from the gorgeous Manhattanite I met at the top of Solomon's? Or listening to drunk ass John lie through his teeth to all these sexy ladies on the Lower East Side? (He pulled a cookie out of his pant pocket while talking to one girl and she flipped out. This is the same girl I later handed a Cadbury Creme Egg to, which I coincidentally pulled out of my jacket pocket). Crazy times in LuxembourgLand!

Today I'm feeling:

eager

..to see and do what's next. Let's live everyday like it's the weekend. What say you?!

No comments: