Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The agony of the feet


The gang at a Pizza Hut in Goshen, NY

Here I go posting my likeness again. Still, the focus was more on the chair backs than on the four faces!

Hikers we were, for a day, though far from the glorious kind. In the end, we were tired amateurs revelling in the glut of American prosperity. The sheer fact that we found ourselves in a Pizza Hut franchise minutes from our wooded seclusion speaks volumes to the girth with which many of our fellow citizens carry. Good times these are, if you can ignore the bad.

Today I'm feeling:

the shackles of slavery

I have to work tomorrow, and Monday, and Tuesday, and next Thursday. It's like this shit never ends. Anyone care to commiserate?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning professor...you hike too? You are really diversified. I could do something like that. It looks like you and your friends are really relaxed and enjoying yourself in the picture. I was trying to guess which one looks most like a professor, I picked the Indian guy. Anyway I can relate to the working thing. I feel like all I do is work nowadays. Guess its the tradeoff with becoming a grownup. Freedom from childhood rules & regulations, but in turn governed by grownup rules & regulations. What say ye?

Unknown said...

Big nosed "white" guy? you must be pulling my leg because there are no white guys in the picture. All I see is 2 indian guys and 1 light-skinned brother. I am guessing you are the light-skinned brother. No dissappoint man, I just picked the indian guy because he had the "professor like" glasses on and you appear more laid back then the rest. You must be one of those cool laid back professors that teach some cool philosophy class...

Sean said...

I teach english as a foreign language.