Saturday, March 24, 2007

Manhattan to Manhattan


Post office mail box on 6th Avenue

Continuing my tour of New York City, yesterday I hit the Guggenheim. Unfortunately, they don't allow photographs. It would have been nice to take a few snapshots. That Salvador Dali is an absolute beast!!!

But more artful than the paintings (the Guggenheim is virtually all paintings) were the smiles! 3 smiles in particular have been burned into my memory. Two of which I ended up sharing the evening with! One of these smilers helped me realize how much of an artist I am. Seriously though, she's a real artist. Like, real, real artistic. She's got talent.

I learned that I'm no fan of Pablo. Maybe Pablo Neruda and his rhetoric/semantics. Not Picasso though. I much more fancied Vuillard and Diego Velazquez. But the true genius is Dali! Next stop on my tour is the Met.

The city at night, accompanied by the nicest smile in Kansas, is one of life's sweetest pleasures.

Today I'm feeling:

thoughtful/at thought

I met someone who is so much of what I want to be. Free, happy, without too much direction, and probably not stuck on having a lot of dollars. She was also super talented, trusting (in the not stuck up/pretentious kind of way), uber friendly and good hearted! Thanks, Natalie, for showing me something so exciting. You da ma'am!

No comments: