Friday, March 30, 2007

My invisible city in the sea


Pigeons atop a bust in Midtown Manhattan.

There's not one way to just say this right/
I've got calloused fingers, blisters on my soles, and I can't sleep nights/
I've been touched deep within my soul, your fingerprint's on my life/
We were supposed to be niggers for it,
now I'm forlorn with the whole concrete jungle to forage/
I've tapped my inner artist, got a job and now I'm a tourist/
In the fast lane, but I'm a measly tortoise/
I've been purported to be a porpoise/
the smartest mammal in the sea/
I've built Atlantis, an invisible fortress even I can't see/
every now and then I can't eat, I can't breathe/
have we already established that I can't sleep?/
Last I checked, my fuckin' pulse still beats,
excuse my French, par le vois and we we/
there I got it out my system, there should be no more/
I'll check the rest of them outbursts on the street or at the door/
just so long as you promise to promise that it'll be worth it indeed/
and if in the future should our paths do meet/
you forgo the dollars and let the good times and laughs proceed/
the last time this grown man cried was this week/
and the time before that...? Yeah, that too was this week/
I don't mean to come off as being too weak/
but more honest, I'll be the first to admit that this is too me/
why hide? I want to be you wanting to be me/
and you probably don't even know and never will see it/
in sad times, kimosabi, I conjure up new laugh lines/
and never sweat it long, I wash it off come bath time!
original, written in these past ten minutes, Sean Luxembourg, March 29

Today I'm feeling:

touched

Like you'd never know. Wouldn't it be nice if we all gathered around the wash basin, cleaned our mitts, then held hands and sung in chorus? Or if you wrote me a couple lines.

2 comments:

WhyamI said...

Wow, amazing

Unknown said...

That was truly amazing indeed professor...