Saturday, March 31, 2007

Commiseration


"Esther" on the level

Sean: Hey Esther!

Esther: ...

Sean: Why, why do I feel like this most of the time? People smile my way, and the vast majority of time, I can't even muster the smile in return. Other times, I want to let one out, but no one looks my way. What gives Esther? Am I expecting too much? What am I doing wrong? What should I change? What can I change?

Esther: ...

Sean: Yeah! Agreed. Uh hmmmm. Understood. Thanks Esther. Good advice. It is what it is, right? I mean, I can't make someone return a smile, say "thank you," say goodbye before clicking the phone on me, use a turn signal before switching lanes in front of me, etc. These are the things I can't change and should certainly care less about. No? Seriously. Why am I so absorbed in these minor battles? Aren't there bigger fish to fry? The breaded delicious kind, too!

Esther: Meow!

Sean: I hear you girl. You, you on the other hand know how to reciprocate a smile, even encourage one from others. You'd make her highness, the royal majesty's crown guard crack a fat smile and put their Cheshire grins to work! Thanks for chatting with m-

Esther: meeeeeeeoooooooow!

Sean: Yeah, well thanks for chatting with me, Esther, you're the best!

Today I'm feeling:

cool

Thoughts? Questions for kitty? Comments? Do tell!

No comments: