Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Self portrait


Self portrait on the J train c. 6am, this passed weekend

I chose to go with the eyes closed as opposed to eyes open. A couple weeks ago, a Korean student wanted to take a picture with me, so he had a classmate snap the photo. I'm sooooo not photogenic. He looks at the camera and says "eyes closed." Meaning, my eyes were closed. Only, because of his thick Korean accent, it came across as "eyes crossed." I get the giggles just thinking about that moment.

"I don't know what to do."
anonymous/everyone

Can't get "take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one I got" out of my head. It's those damned Gym Class Heroes. What a dumb name for a band/group.

Today I'm feeling:

like the world is my cancer and the cancer is my chemo

I'm going to have to take credit for that one. Sean Luxembourg (pseudonym), March 2007. I'd rather you show me all your teeth, but since you're not with me (and I mean with me, with me) why not just comment?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could learn to be care free like you professor but work will not permit. I fancy the finer things in life, so I work hard for that big screen hdtv, or that nice lexus, but all I ever do is work to pay bills...where is my escape???

Sean said...

I guess you have to value things away from the Lexus and the HDTV. To be truthful, I'd love a 1080p projector with a Playstation 3 toplay God of War 2 on... but with it being 70+ degrees out right now, I think my time would be better spent on the ball court (and that's free!).