Tuesday, March 13, 2007

SOHo Dreams


SOHo, Prince Street, just off Broadway (Manhattan).

Yesterday I just meandered through these city streets and noticed things I haven't noticed before. Isn't it funny how easily you can become a tourist in your own abode? The hustle and bustle: I'd imagine it to be just like any huge metropolis, anywhere in the world. Then, it has it's own beautiful character. A few weeks ago, during a blustery snowstorm, some Italians on holiday stopped me at about 12 midnight in midtown, Manhattan. They asked me, in thickly accented English, where could they find an authentic New York hotdog. I couldn't, for the life of me, think where in New York at midnight could they find this delicacy. I was befuddled. So, yesterday, while strolling these city streets, I tried to take note of where was where and what was what. I was a tourist.

Today I'm feeling:

in a New York state of mind

Now quick, download Phil Collins! Or is it Billy Joel? I don't know, you tell me. Comment!