Sunday, August 5, 2007

Air Gut



Met with Su again yesterday. This while it rained cats and dogs. She remembered the high school cafe barista and suggested that I go back to see her and give her my phone number. Su even remembered her name! It was the first thing she said to me. Was this on her mind for that past few days? I couldn't believe it. Apparently, she's never seen Chris Hanson's How to catch a predator series. But seriously, I didn't even have the chick on my mind since I wrote up that blog post. I was actually looking forward to meeting a lesbian, with short, highlighted hair, coveralls, Converse and freckles. Maybe she could be like my lesbian friend. I was probably more thinking about the fat butt white chick I saw twice the other day around Union Square. I was thinking about every chick but this high schooler. Is it really that bad that my tutee recommends I continue to hit on high schoolers. I have to laugh at myself for that one.

And I missed another one. Glorious. It rained so fucking hard for Brooklyn; this was seriously abnormal. The rain pounded the streets so quickly, the place seemed like it was suffering a flash flood. So as I was driving, the streets turned gray with turbulent water, splashing and kicking around like violence itself. And the scene was beautiful. A hard fall rain, with cute girls in galoshes and people in short sleeves clutching umbrellas. The gray seemed to rise 3 or 4 feet off the ground. It's hard to describe, but leaving my camera at home is really costing me some opportunities here. It was a moment to savor.

" "So, what do you do for a living?" asked the Infinite Spirit.
"Well," answered the Cemetery Girl, "I lie to myself and suffer."
"
This on some art-o-matic machine at the Whitney Museum.

I don't know what the fuck it means, but it was off beat and I had to capture it.

Today I'm feeling:

gassy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey professor, not to be nosy but was wondering how come your blog dates are so off?

Sean said...

Ha ha!! Here's the thing man. I had a gap where I neglected my blog. More concerned with love. Love is a valid priority so I'm not mad about it with myself or anything. But anyways, I'm determined to catch up and not leave any posting gaps in the year. So I want to have 365 posts represented for 2007. In all likelihood, it won't happen. But, I'm giving myself the opportunity to accomplish it. That's why my blog dates are off. It helps me to keep track of how many posts I need to make to catch up.

Unknown said...

Oh ok, good luck
- Too Eazy

Also, good to see yah back Prof. Much insightful reading!!!