Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rosey


Marital Bliss

So I scoped a little of the Charlie Rose show the other night, while drunk of course. Of course. Charlie was interviewing Jay-Z and I must say, Rose is the most impressive interviewer I have ever seen. It was a clinic on how to interview. The poise and preparation was impeccable. Rose asked all the right questions and elicited the most candid responses. Furthermore, he made Jay-Z talk about his lyrical content. NO ONE does that. All these hip hop oriented blow hards (read: Angie Martinez, Funk Master Flex and their ilk) simply are awe inspired and merely pamper such an artist. They never get any introspect. They are merely satisfied that the music has a good sound. Never probe about the meanings of anything specifically. Rose was a class act. He had Jay quote lines and talk about their meanings and the reasoning behind writing the songs. Sincerely the best performance by a journalist I have ever witnessed in my life. Sincerely. Catch that shit on YouTube or something.

"So I sipped some Michelobe slow and had to write this poem/
when I saw Hov getting right with Charlie Rose/
two of America's most talented pros, it was even better soaked/
Sauced, whatever, that shit was boss/
a black man that lacked slang outside of the courts/
a little promo for the feature American Gangster/
made me think back to how I preyed on people like an American pastor/
but I usurp any patterns and only when inspired do I pen a rap verse/
never been one for money and maybe that hurts/
happiness I aspire from the cradle to the black hearse/
but to achieve that mess, I guess sadness I'd have to find first/
I've been typing for a little over 6 minutes, but I'm done now, my mind swerved
"
Luxembourg Sean 2007

Today I'm feeling:

sanctimonious

Les Savy Fav has a nice song out... Party like the year before 2000.

No comments: