Thursday, August 16, 2007

Anti-Doting



"Never!" Okay, there, I said it!

I was riding the J train. Spotted a hottie. She was on a T-Mobile Sidekick, so I knew she was young. I got off at the Junction to hop on the L. So too did she. I got a seat on the platform. She decided to stand. I was like, come hither, chick. And she was like, come hither, fellow. I won. She sat next to me. She was cute. Really cute. Had a hoop ring in her lip. Wore Earthy tones. Had some camouflage shoes and a handbag to match. But young. And talked so lovely. Borderline talked my fucking head off. So nice. So very, very nice. I loved that she just openly talked to me about everything. Like how she goes to high school. Well, not everything... we only rode the train together for maybe 10 minutes. She complimented my style. I complimented her style. It worked well, the two of us. But, alas, I'm 10 years older than she is. But, I'm a 27 year old 18 year old so maybe we're the same age? But we aren't. And so I didn't get her number or her AIM. If I did, she'd probably IM me on that horrid device anyways. So I carried on for the rest of my day with a smile. I went to the Center for Jewish History as planned, then tutored a sick Su, then came home for a spell and on to the Nicole Atkins live show. She mingled in the fucking crowd the whole time. She was like one of us. And she had no security detail and no one hovered over her. It was sick. The way things should be. And now I'm all puckered with the liquid courage and about to hit the sack. Can you motherfuckers say "good day"?

Today I'm feeling:

grateful Brooklyn isn't really on fire

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

What's 10 years? You do seem like an extremely young 27 and you'll probably feel 21 at 40...I'm just saying.

Sean said...

Oh wow... Are you encouraging this borderline pedophilia thing? Yikes... I guess she's legal. If I ever see her again, I'll tell her that Leila said it was okay.