Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Schpielberg



Just got back from a day in the field. I mean, since that's what I'm calling it. It's so funny. I met up with a couple trying to get this game of ultimate frisbee going. And the woman asks me what I do. And I give her my schpiel about how I'm an artist, but the type that creates art she'd never understand. She took me seriously. Even after I explained that I'm not really an artist. Even after I told her that I sometimes teach English.. I should have ran with it. Then told her my story of how I once saved 13 kittens from a burning building in Toledo. Or was it Wheeling? Like I'd know, it never really happened.

So that's what I've decided to do. Invent scenarios that paint me more ambitiously and fascinatingly.

In the end, we didn't get to play much frisbee. Moral of the story, if you're going to lie about who you are, make it interesting. Make it interesting.

"Love is like cheese, it stinks."
Something I thought about saying to Maykin, until I thought better of it.

Today I'm feeling:

good like you wouldn't understand

Great timing. I think things are much worse than they seem. Things around me, of late, are wrought with such good timing. I can't complain... for the immediate future. Wouldn't mind getting my car fixed though.

No comments: