Saturday, August 4, 2007

Foibles


Nike advertising on the subway

So October 9th was John Lennon's birthday. I spent the day imagining. Actually, the great Snoop Dogg also put together a great track featuring Dr. Dre and D'Angelo, also called Imagine.

Freckles, everyday becoming more and more feckless, told me that Sweden is the third most musical country in the world. Though I don't believe that "musical" is quantifiable, I did get a kick out of her trying to defend that it (Sweden) is.

Ooooh, and today I missed a masterpiece!!! It would have been my BEST photo yet. So exciting. I enjoyed the image. Probably even more than I would have if I had my camera with me. I wasn't focusing on capturing it on an SD card. Instead, I burned it into my memory. It was of the Empire State Building, from the vantage point of 21st Street and 5th Avenue. This was a little later than a quarter pass 7 in the pm. The building was shrouded in fog. The top of it was lit a smoky fluorescent. Following its silhouette down about a score stories, it had a more incandescent hue. In the foreground, a street lamp exuded a very contrasting, London drear-esque warmth. Contrary to have a dreary image impart warmth, I know, but you had to be there. It was altogether enchanting.

"Music is like magic/
there's a certain feeling you get/
when you real and you spit and people are feeling your shit/
this is your moment and every single minute you spin/
trying to hold on to it 'cause you may never get it again/
so while you're in it, try to get as much shit as you can/
and when your run is over just admit when it's at its end
"
Eminem on 'Til I collapse

Today I'm feeling:

like nothing's bothering me

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

Damn it, Sean, how are we going to get to Paris if you don't carry your camera around?

Sean said...

I submitted everything I was allowed to. Even if I took the picture, it's not going to be submitted.