Saturday, August 25, 2007

Career Update


Chris and G

Okay, so Sean can scratch office job off his list of potential career paths. I fell into a grove and it was okay, the Yale Club of New York City, with its moneyed members and sticklers for detail. But it felt bad to be idle with so many busy bodies pacing all around me. Certainly not a match for teaching. I guess that's what I call a career update. All the while, I make my mother so much more disappointed in me. We had a talk the other day. She said my father told her outright to get an abortion when she fessed up and said Boy Sean was on the way. The biggest disappointment to me, as far as I alone am concerned, is that she was warned or at least informed and still decided to have me. Women are indeed crazy. Thankfully, I've not come across a woman loose enough in mind to bear me a youngun. And if she did, like my mother she'd, in the future, rue the day.

"Water always seeps to its own level."
Anonymous

Today I'm feeling:

rued

No comments: