Monday, August 6, 2007

Shot love


Contrasts

My dawg Maykin has been restless for the past couple weeks. Every weekend he'd come down to Brooklyn from his homestead in Washington Heights, and want us to hang out. That's cool, because I had a low Maykin diet for maybe the last year or so. Maybe even longer. 2 years and change, actually. We were close. Not close as your left and right leg, but close nonetheless. So, I should have read the writings on the wall. I was busy just writing in my blog and dealing with my own plethora of contemplatables. But all the while, Maykin was stewing. His now regular friendship was unnoticed. And it culminated a couple days prior when he told me he and his fiancé had called it quits. I'm sure this isn't the first time they'd broken up. But this time is peculiar, particularly because of Maykin's actions. Only, I needed to see them in hindsight to notice how peculiar his actions actually were. See that? I'm trying a little alliteration. Haven't quite mastered it, but I'm gungho about giving it a go. Back to Maykin and Bernice. They've been in one another's pocket for 4 years and it's bit sharp when he just told me she's not listening to him even though he tried to get back on her good side. I'm wondering what was going on these previous weeks where'd he'd come by and want to chill. Where's his mind? What happened? What's happening? They lived together, in her mom's apartment. I know it's a real deal break up because he's moving out. Now the brain gears are churning. Was Bernice and her mom just tired of Maykin? He's in school, and trying hard to make something of himself. That and he works full time. He's also on the verge of landing a gig on the police force. Did they really think he took to long to situate his "family"? Or was it something else? Maykin tells me she decided to become Christian now and doesn't want Maykin to hang out at clubs or do this and that, as he puts it. I'm trying to fill in the blanks here. I know too well how these things fall apart but I'm too far removed from it this time. I've walked into the sunset.

So Maykin's birthday was yesterday. He was supposed to call me and we were going to go to a strip club or some shit like that. Now I'm really not a fan of giving women my money like that (or like anyway for that matter unless a bitch is having a birthday or it's Christmas or some shit), so I'm glad he didn't call. But he called today asking to drink and play pool. Like I've got a job or work in the morning, and I can only imagine how fucked up his head might be, but like the vast majority of wishy washy friends in my circle, he said he'd call me back and I'm not counting on him. What I'm prepared to do, however, is get to the bottom of this (if he does call). Then I've got to console the bro. 'Cause bros need TLC too.

"Always I'm in some shit/
my abdomen's my clip, the barrel's my dick/
uncircumsized, pull my skin back and cock me/
I bust of when they unlock me/
results of what happens to niggas shock me...
"
Nas on I gave you power

Today I'm feeling:

Contemplative

No comments: