Saturday, May 26, 2007

"Beyond category"



When interviewed or simply asked about other talented musicians of his day, Duke Ellington was fond of responding "beyond category." For example, you read this blog, and quite regularly I might add. And because you appreciate your minute's worth of reading here, you remark that LuxembourgLand is "beyond category!"

The International Photography Center was goooood! The photos were poignant, immersing, and beyond category. Ironically, photos were not allowed.

Sitting in Union Square Park until morning on a holiday weekend is like life on a kabob. I even saw a group of White people get ticketed by the police for drinking in public. I suppose they were trying to get loosened up before the club. But the highlight of my sitting was being eyed by a hottie who was with another couple and the guy the couple was trying to set her up with... or something. It wasn't just me that felt she was into me, Jenny was right there with me to confirm that she was indeed checking me out. Summer in the city...

"clocks never stop/
it's all a race to the top/
trying to freeze time that's why I iced the face on my watch
"
AZ on New Life (Intro)

Today I'm feeling:

greatly tortured

I think it's called eustress. Nothing like ice cream and eustress, right?

No comments: