Sunday, May 13, 2007

Soir Bleu



Yo, yo. Check this shit out! I got invited to a New Moon bonfire on Wednesday. I'm so excited because it fit my schedule perfectly!!! It's the only day I actually don't have a game this week. So sweet.

"Part of the walk is the walking."
Sean Luxembourg, May 2007

So here's the thing. If you want to be in a relationship, for example, but complain about its complexities then you live the "part of the walk is the walking" credo. It's almost masochistic. But in truth, what makes things fun are the things themselves. Relationships, in short, are just plain fun. Even the ones that go bust. Belly up. The ones that end in charges being pressed or a trip to the store for a pack of cigarettes. It's all part of the relationship. That's why, inevitably, given time, you'll find yourself in another one. Reading just so happens to be my walk. I hate to read. It destroys your eyesight quicker than slow. Reading is tedious and takes some concentration. Yet, reading is learning, life, entertainment, enthralling, engrossing and a whole host of multi-syllabic positive adjectives. So, part of the read is the reading. See how it encapsulates things? That's why my "new" cliche (such an oxymoron) or adage is "part of the walk is the walking." Oooh. I just got a chill. If I ever have a child, she's going to get a goodie when I hit her with that.

Lily Allen!!! The best fucking artist out, period! I'm going to the store to pay money to purchase her CD. She curses, she talks shit, she's funny and the music is all catchy. Money well spent.

"Well it's very funny 'cause I've got your fucking money, and I'm never gonna get it just because of my bad credit."
Lily Allen on Everything's just wonderful

And I finally got the scoop on the song from the Geico commercial! It's called Remind me by Royksopp.

Today I'm feeling:

a soir bleu

I wonder if anyone on eBay peddles lethal doses of pentobarbital?

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

Sean:
I never knew you were such a philosopher. Part of the walk is indeed the walking. Getting to the promise land would be worthless if you didn't enjoy the journey.

Sean said...

Far from a philosopher Leila! Just an avid walker. Thanks for the input!

Sean