Monday, May 28, 2007

Parkin' it


Serenity at Washington Sq. Park, NYC

"...I switched my motto, 'stead of saying 'fuck tomorrow'/
that buck that bought a bottle coulda struck the Lotto...
"
Nas on Life's a Bitch

"Drawing something is drawing light"
Sukyung Heo, May 2007

Here's Sukyung's (Tiramisu's) philosophy:
There is light in everything. Even the shadows are a result of light. Light is everything. When you draw, you are drawing the light. Every color, everything.

Well put my friend. May your English continue to grow to limitless mastery.

No bar-B-ques, no beach, no anything. But why should I get all up in this Memorial Day action? I don't work. Most use this day as a welcome respite during the season's first really mild weather. But, my whole life is the weekend. And like I give a fuck about soldiers supposedly fighting for some phantom freedom I have in a land far, far away. So, in a matter-of-fact, just another day sort of way, I ain't doing shit.

Today I'm feeling:

lacking in grace

...and substance. Tell me 'bout your days y'all!

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

Man, I think your assessment of the troops is a little overly harsh. The day is about remembering all troops, past and present. While I'm no war monger and while you'd never catch me in the military, I don't think a day of remembrance is too much to ask for. Did I mention I get a paid day off? ;)