Thursday, May 17, 2007

'Caste' out the heavens



I hit a new moon bonfire yesterday. Fun thing it was. Just staring into a 10' diameter fire is almost awe inspiring. Besides the requisite 'whole state of Florida being on fire' jokes, the ambiance was pretty comradely. Maybe comradely isn't the right adjective...

So the lady who did the bonfiring brought up a pretty ubiquitous point. My writing is terribly shitty today, I can't find the right word for anything. When I say 'ubiquitous' I mean it is an understood point by nearly everyone in society. Our society. That point being that we live in a caste system. Our keeping up with the Joneses mentality is what divides us into our individual castes. Apparently, if you make 100K per annum, you've got to live in a home and drive a car that reflects that. And if you make 500K a year, you've got to have a property, and several cars to reflect that. So they've outlawed the caste system in India, but it's symbolically still in place in many regards, no? Well, it's here in this capitalist society as well.

Nah, I ain't trying to get deep or anything, nahmean? But I'm sayin' is all.

It was difficult stuff too. Some of the people in attendance were pretty loopy and you had to wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people? But it takes all types to make it a world I hear and so I decided to see if I couldn't learn anything. I'm so selfish! I learned good people surround themselves with good. I think I already knew that, but I must've relearned it. No?

Today I'm feeling:

remorse

I miss something. Yo, comment! I haven't seen shit from you so called readers in days and I've had close to a hundred hits in the past 4 days. What the fuck?

No comments: