Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wednesday Chillin'


S2 in her favorite garden

What a morn. I hit the 63rd floor of the Empire State for an interview. The views in their classrooms are spectacular. Alas, my current employer is pushing me off and the folks to whom I'm being pushed are not interested.

But I was glad I made the trip. I'd hate to work on the 63rd floor anywhere. But the walk downtown after I'd get off would make it a little nicer. I meandered down 5th Avenue until I found a mom and pop paint store in the Flatiron District where I bought some compound from a delightful salesperson.

Next, I hit the 'Square'. Union Square, naturally. It's my favorite part of the city, as anyone who knows me knows. I practically go there every time I'm in Manhattan.

So a few blocks south of Union Square I found a deli that made me some french toast and I sat outside and ate it with some orange juice. It was comparable to sitting and having biscotti and caffé in a Roman piazza. It was as elegant as having cheese and red wine in a courtyard in the south of France. Refreshing. Delicious. Simple.

How easy is it, sometimes, to find pleasure in the most ridiculously simple shit?

Sean: S2, hungry?
S2: Meeooooooooooooow!
Sean: There, better?
S2: ...
Sean: My point exactly; contentment is only content when at its simplest I suppose.

Today I'm feeling:

pure irie

Ooh, here's a thought... everyone post one of their favorite simple pleasures in the comments section!

No comments: