Saturday, June 9, 2007

29k testes



Took a test today. It was a civil service exam in Suffolk County, New York. It's the first step towards becoming a police officer. The irony right? Obviously, if I did well, they'll get wind of the fact that I've got this outstanding unpaid fine for walking between train cars in Brooklyn so I'll never actually get a piece of the law enforcement action. But I must say, Suffolk County certainly strengthened my faith in people!

On the drive there, being the gentleman that I am, I took two fellow Brooklynites with me. They too want a piece of that $50+K to start salary they pay. It rises to nearly 100K in 5 years if you don't get a promotion. Neither of them have cars. We tested at three separate test sites though. And the test was supposed to start at 9am for the 3 of us. So I was ferrying us around. I was zooming on that there highway too. And then, at the exact exit I was to get off, parking lot! The highway was brake light heaven. Nothing. The clock pressed on. Eventually I hit the shoulder and took it to the Southbound exit (I'd still be waiting to cross the bridge to the Northbound exit). When I got out, more jam. The three car accident that caused all of this was atrocious. Just offensive at how brutally these cars were mashed up.

By the time I got the first guy to his test site, it was 9:06am. I made him ask an official if he'd be permitted to start and to our elation they were letting people in until 9:30! I dropped off my other friend at his test site at 9:14 and got to my test at 9:28am! Way to go Suffolk County! If'n you decide it right that I should be one of your police officers, with this preliminary encounter with the way you do things out there, I'd gladly take you up on it.

"...I met this one bitch, told me it's a hundred to hump and 50 dollars just to test the head/
sheesh, you kidding me? I could go to Church's and get a cheaper chicken with bigger breasts and legs...
"
Sean J on Hit it for free by the Field Mob

Today I'm feeling:

hungrier than a mofo!

This shit is for the birds.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your test...

Sean said...

Thanks too, you da man.

Leila V. said...

"Cuz it's 187 on a motha fuckin cop." Dre & Snoop

Just kidding. But seriously, a cop? You don't seem the cop type; you're much too cool. Good luck anyway.

With that fancy driving, maybe you should try out to be a stunt driver. ;)

Sean said...

I got mad wheel yo!