Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Red bull!


What the f?!?!

I think I got caught running a red light. Those "hidden" red light cameras in New York City have always had me a little nervous. The thing is you never run one of these things on purpose. It's always a pothole in the street right before the intersection that distracts you while the light turns yellow and you find yourself accelerating as the thing turns red! It's always something. I think, however, that I had entered the intersection before the light turned though. The thing is, the cameras read your speed first, then if it sees you're going too fast to stop for the light it takes a picture of your car and the red light at the intersection. I have a hunch that it's tied to the calibration of the stop light. I think when the light turns yellow, and it has decided that it is going to snap your picture, it makes the light change just as it predicts you'd be entering the intersection. Sometimes, it even holds the yellow light longer just to tempt you into the intersection. It's such a fucking farce. I hate the system. I fucking hate the system.

This game of life is a frustrating endeavor.

"...for some reason, my lines make thugs stronger/
blow guns and fuck for two hours longer...
"
Tragedy on What makes you think

Today I'm feeling:

dark blue

Like I could use a hint of cranberry... in a bucket of Vodka.

4 comments:

Leila V. said...

Fight that shit! I know in California, a lot of those camera red light tickets have been getting overturned when they go before a judge. Big brother's a bitch. I think government cameras in public should be illegal.

As a side note, I've ran many a red light and it's never been because of any distracting potholes. But I'll have to use that one in the future.

Sean said...

So, Leila, how exactly do they get thrown out in California? What defense do people use? Help me out here.

Leila V. said...

Here is a link with all of the details.

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/index.htm

There have been more than 6,000 reversals in California due to these damn cameras.

Sean said...

Wow Leila!!! I will owe you a consultation fee before my life is over.