Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday shakedown



Wow, is this what I asked for? I've got work Monday morning, which means I need to prepare a lesson plan. I've also got the world's grandest headache and a mental block bigger than the Berlin Wall. It's big enough for border security. I should sell it to Customs.

Happy Fathers' Day Larry Birkhead! You da man, however Clay Aiken-ish you are.

I might have to go on a Baskin Robbins' pistachio almond hand packed pint run in a bit, however, what with alternate side of the street parking, I'd lose my prime parking spot. The woes of a lazy, pointless, aimless, useless mofo.

Went to a streetball tournament today in Fort Greene. You know, I have to ask, where are people's brains. The guy who runs the team said they'd be short players because of Fathers' Day. First of all, Fathers' Day is really a day for people who do more than make a deposit at their local loose cervix. Not to say that everyone on this team is a remote pops. But c'mon, enough of them, I'm sure could come out to play some streetball. So, off the bat, you've got to question the resolve of this team. Anyways, so we start to scoop up people in the park to fill out the roster for the day so we could at least get the run in and... NO! Forfeit. Because the jerk running the team decides he'd rather pay the officials and take the loss than at least playing. I was frustrated because it must have been 100 on the black top, and the leagues seem wholly unorganized. Game time was scheduled to be 3pm, and the league director doesn't show up until 3. Then the guy fixing the net takes 30 minutes to put up two nets. Ridiculous. Peoples' brain are vacating this early in the summer. It sure doesn't look good.

"...bitch, know my forte, I'm not for play/
get your block, let the Gloch 4 play/
finger fucking the trigger, it's not foreplay/
one more time, I'm not for play...
"
Beanie Sigel on Man's World

Today I'm feeling:

Like a boy amongst infants

No, no my head is throbbing. Ouch!

No comments: