Thursday, June 7, 2007

Fuck the law!



Today I went to defend myself in front of an adjudication officer against a summonse I received accusing me of walking between train cars. I've witnessed people walk between train cars every time I ride the train. I've seen Chinese slaves peddle bootleg DVDs and AA batteries so they could buy their freedom walk between cars. I've seen black teenagers selling candy without a vending license walk between cars. I've seen two twins put their huge Filene's Basement shopping bags on the seat, covering enough real estate for two fat American asses. The train was crowded and their action was indeed illegal. I've seen a ton of illegal shit. sometimes perpetrated in front of police (like the young white girl walk right between cars on the J train in front of the white police officer who merely stood there and didn't even glance her way). But I get summonsed and the fine gets upheld. I even brought my 67 year old mother with declining memory in to help argue my case, and the adjudication officer accuses her of contriving testimony.

I love New York City, but I take dumb shit like this personally. Was the black officer being racist? Probably, he marked down, on my summons, that I'm Hispanic. Maybe he has something against Hispanics. Whether I'm Hispanic or not is moot. The fact of the matter is, I no longer have respect for New York City's administration. Be it law, or otherwise. The people here without agendas, something to prove or some sort of authority are fucking awesome. The best. But this city has proven to me on several occasions that it no longer wants me. So fuck a New York City.

I'll never pay $75 for a $2 subway ride. I'm not a criminal. The MTA can suck my dick.

The fine was upheld. But they can uphold these nuts.

My mother says you can't blame anyone for hating America.

Happy birthday Prince.

"Slap a white boy, snuff your landlord/
smash a window, break the camcord/
rob the corner store, bomb the precinct/
choke a C.O., stab a D.T.
"
Stic, on Fuck the law by Dead Prez

Today I'm feeling:

without wind in my sails

Still though, something blows

No comments: