Monday, June 4, 2007

What!?!?



Eyes on Darfur, up and running!

So I've been back at the teaching thing for just a couple days. I subbed on Friday, and here I am for one mo' 'gin on Monday. So on Friday I had a lil question for boss lady. Apparently, my lil cubby was relabeled and was no longer mine. I just wanted some of my shit I kept in it. So boss lady was chattin' up one of the new teachers she's hired since I've been sitting at home awaiting work. When she was done, or pausing or just plainly not saying shit anymore, I peeked in to ask my question and she, seemingly provoked, asked "WHAT?!"

Son of a bitch! Preceding this turn of events, I emailed her on the Friday before Memorial Day asking her if she'd be so kind as to give me a nice reference seeing as how I was trained by them folk (which cost them money and time) and what kind of reference would they give me. Now, the thing with that is I made it clear that I wanted to stay put, but they just refused to give me any work. So the sub gig popped up like bad timing. I scooped it up quite quick. Then another one came my way. Still, I received no reply to my email. Sugary. I figured she'd speak with me when I came in, in person. No dice; she barely looked my way. What the F!?

So check this shit out. I get a mass email from boss lady now telling me that she's leaving the end of the week or month or what have you. She also mentioned some bullshit about sincerely enjoying working with all of us. Clearly it's bullshit because she railroaded me. But what do I make of this now. Should I use them as a reference now? Should I not? Should I wait for the new boss person is installed and ask for a course? How should I go about this? What gives?

Oh the myriad questions.

"...yo, when I'm on stage rhymin'/
I forget what state that I'm in/
the bitches numbers I lost, my baby mama find 'em/
I played the lottery, 40 million that day/
I probably won the motherfucker but I forgot that I played...
"
Redman on Jersey Yo!

Today I'm feeling:

groggy

I think I was supposed to do some stuff today and just didn't have to energy to remember much less do them.

No comments: