Sunday, June 3, 2007

Number crunchin'


T-Shirt in store window in NoHo

The remnants of what was once Tropical Storm Barry came to pay us a visit. New York is good that way. We get a lot of bad weather, but you never hear much of the weather in New York other than that it's bad. I think we like it that way.

What the F?!?

I have a Nintendo Wii, right. Now, I waited in line at Target in Danbury, CT for 36 hours leading up to the stores' opening on November 17th to buy a Playstation 3 in order to afford my Nintendo Wii. The Playstation 3, at $600, sold for $1200. I paid back the $600 plus tax to my credit card and took the profit and bought a Nintendo Wii, some accessories and games. But the darned controls on the thing actually eats through AA batteries like a little fat girl eats through pork filled breakfast sandwiches at McDonalds. So I'm just thinking to myself that before it actually becomes obsolete, my Nintendo Wii will cost me more than a Playstation 3 (whose controllers have rechargeable internal batteries). So much for being a profiteer.

"...emcees run away when I kick it/
they so chicken/
they should come with a large drink and a biscuit...
"
Canibus on Buckingham Palace

Today I'm feeling:

broke and getting broker

If money grew on trees, I'd live in the Ténéré.

No comments: