Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Yuck


Street Fair, East Village, NYC

Though June doesn't seem to be another April, it sure isn't as nice as May. I smell fodder in the air.

I read that luck is the residue of logic. I don't remember who quoted it, but in my logic, the residue is quite bad. Yucky.

It's supposed to be 90 here in the city on Friday. I see it as another day to feel as though I'm walking through butter. Yucky.

To update you all on my dealings as a teacher of English as a second language, boss lady is leaving and she sent around another mass email telling us that her replacement is one of the administrators that everyone knows. Cool dude, I must say. But he most likely is privy to knowledge of boss lady's stand-off against yours truly. I've also been given another sub gig for a quarter day (which is worth the subway fare, so I'll take it). Should I approach homeboy on that day? What should I say, if anything?

"...your raps' all lazy/
Jigga, the black Scorcese/
what your album lack is more Jay-Z...
"
Jay-Z on Pregame by Sauce Money

Today I'm feeling:

congenial to the world

But the world hates me.

2 comments:

Leila V. said...

Sean:
Where the hell are you? And where's my daily post? Since we're playing twenty questions, I also want to know what other language you speak, if any.

Here's food for thought, I know you're having trouble in the job market in New York, you should consider moving your job search out of the state. I moved out of California a couple years ago and I'm amazed at the lack of ambition/competition/competency in this area. Not to mention the housing is much cheaper. The rent of my loft apartment in CA is the equivalent to a house out here.

Let me tell you, after leaving, I'd never go back. It's overrated.

Sean said...

Hey Leila!!!

Fear not, the posts for everyday will be up and accounted for. I'll be posting with a vengeance over the next 72 hrs!

Also, I speak a tinge of the espanol, though not enough to live off. What state do you call home now-a-days?

Today (Saturday) I was in Urban Outfitters and heard a song where in the chorus, the singer said something about loving New York but it's so stressing or something therebouts.

I'm not having trouble in the job market. I'm having trouble in life, and in being ambitious. I have emotional and anxiety problems. We're cut from similar cloth. But I will be leaving NY soon and quite possibly for the rest of my life. I'll be posting 'bout it soon enough!