Friday, June 22, 2007

That's why I don't be fucking with khats


I just got back from this screening of Black Gold. It's a nice little documentary about the Ethiopian coffee growing folk and their plight in the global economy. Not an award winner of a documentary, but certainly enough to get me enthused about the certified free trade shit. So buy some free trade coffee, and try to keep it to just free trade coffee!

Khat! It's the new marijuana! Actually, it's a narcotic that's, you guessed, illegal here in the States. Get some high grade shit though, and let's get our free trade on. It's pretty ancient and the Village Voice has even done a little diddy on it.

Do some reading, then holler at me!

"I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven/
when I awoke up, I spent that on a necklace/
I told God I'll be back in a second/
man, it's so hard not to act reckless
"
Kanye West on You can't tell me nothing

Today I'm feeling:

half awake

No comments: