Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I took the L


Museum Mile

Focus grouped my way to being $125 richer today. A nice little present. Then had a rendezvous with some free movie passes thereafter and probably a little unpaid writing gig with The L magazine. Not likely, though entirely possible.

Found myself at a nice little café in Brooklyn, though I was without my camera. Such a leisurely life. If only I were retired.

And lastly, I may be getting my little teacher thing back. The guy who took over for boss lady gave me a ring. He told me a teacher for whom I often sub for is moving on and I could assume his class. I have the feeling that if boss lady were still around, she'd be scrambling to hire a new teacher to replace him. I should, however, count my graces. Now if only that lightweight, folly of a summons were to disappear. Maybe I'll give the Legal Aid Society a ring and see if I can't further pursue this in a court of law.

Ooh, and this little trunk/bench thingy I love at Crate and Barrel went on sale! I might cop that. They chopped $80 of the original price. Alas, I'm moving!!! Save the bread Sean. I'm so terrible.

"...and if my gun boys ain't heard of ya/
ya light weight, I get the young boys to murder ya (flatline!)...
"
Jim Jones on Emotionless

Note, the above quotation is not a stab or jolt or play on anything said to or about me in the last few. Though what may or may not have been said to or about me may have put that song in my head which may have led to me sliding the lyric into this post.

Today I'm feeling:

a slight chill

NYC is in the 60's today. I wish it were the 1960's!

4 comments:

Leila V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leila V. said...

Congratulations on your teacher thing! That's great news.

Are you from Brooklyn? Because if you are, your Brooklyn boy just got knocked the fuck out. Not that I like Cotto, I'm just saying.

And what's up with your link? I see no trunk/bench thingy.

Sean said...

Sorry 'bout the link. It should be to Crate and Barrel's sale catalog and to a specific page, where item "c" is the bench in question.

Unknown said...

congratulations on ur teaching gig...

- Too Eazy