Saturday, June 2, 2007

Photo foe, faux



Sorry about not keeping up here.

The Rubin Museum was the latest stop on my tour here in NYC. It's actually a nice place. The ambiance is conducive to enjoying art and most of the top floor was dedicated to photography. Plus it's free on Friday evenings.

That photo is the paramount reason I'm running low on photos for you all. Museums aren't too keen anymore, on letting museum goers, much like myself, take photos. Overhearing a curator or employee of some kind at the Rubin chastise a man who took a photo, the reason apparently, is due to the fact that the temporary exhibitions are proprietary property and I'm guessing they feel you taking your own personal picture compromises the host museum's ability to make money. But then that begs the question, why can you take pictures of the permanent collection at the host museum, though not when it's on loan? Quirky situation, indeed.

Sorry if that point wasn't so well written.

"...so please, yo/
I'm from the killer cap of the kilos/
where niggas clap and fat bitches get yapped for their Cheetos...
"
AZ on Can't Stop

Today I'm feeling:

disconnected

Really, I have no recollection of the day's events

No comments: